About Medicaid STAR Kids
STAR Kids is a new Texas Medicaid managed care program that will provide Medicaid benefits, beginning November 1, 2016, to children and adults 20 and younger who have disabilities. Participation in the STAR Kids program is required for those who are 20 or younger, covered by Medicaid, and meet at least one of the following:
- Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Get SSI and Medicare.
- Get services through the Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver.
- Get services through the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver.
- Live in a community-based intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related condition (ICF/IID) or nursing facility.
- Get services through a Medicaid Buy-In program.
- Get services through any of the following Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) waiver programs.
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD)
- Home and Community-based Services (HCS)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
For information on the STAR Kids Program go to Health and Human Services (HHSC). Or call the help line 2-1-1 (TTY/Hearing impaired: 7-1-1) or 1-877-541-7905 (after you pick a language, press 2). You can call Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time.
STAR Kids – Tarrant County