Do you qualify for CHIP?
To qualify for CHIP, you or your child must be:
- 18 years of age or younger
- Pregnant (any age)
- An adult who lives more than half the time with an uninsured child
- A United States citizen or a legal permanent resident
- Able to meet the income requirements
For more information, go to http://www.chipmedicaid.org/, or apply online at Your Texas Benefits . You can also call 2-1-1 (TTY/Hearing impaired: 7-1-1) for help.
You can join Aetna Better Health of Texas if you qualify for CHIP, and live in the service areas we cover which include:
Bexar service areas: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, Wilson
Tarrant service areas: Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant, Wise
If you don’t meet the CHIP requirements, you or your child might qualify for Medicaid
Service areas for Aetna Better Health CHIP
- Bexar Service Area includes the following counties: Bexar, Atascosa, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, Wilson and Bandera.
- Tarrant Service Area includes the following counties: Tarrant, Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker and Wise.