Join our network
We’re glad you’ve decided to join the Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania provider network. Having a strong provider network is an essential part of helping improve health outcomes for our members.
There are many great reasons to join our network to serve our thousands of members across the commonwealth. Here are just a few reasons to join us:
- You’ll receive competitive compensation
- Your claims are processed in a timely and efficient manner
- You’ll have access to advanced technology that can help you enhance patient care
- You may be eligible for HEDIS performance incentives
- You’ll get professional ongoing support and training from our team.
Starting August 15, 2019 – Easily submit an online application
Beginning August 15th 2019 Aetna Better Health has a new enhanced online application process for currently contracted practices.
Practices currently contracted with Aetna Better Health can now enroll new providers by submitting an application online to start the process. You’ll have a team of Provider Experience staff dedicated to supporting your needs beginning with the provider on-boarding process. They’ll support you with ongoing training, patient support, billing assistance and much more.
Contact our Provider Relations Department at 1-866-638-1232 or email us at MedicaidProviderRelations@aetna.com for help or additional information.
Submit an application by email or fax
Non-par provider application
Current non-par providers interested in joining our network can submit the Out of Network Request to Join Form. You may fax the form back to us at 1-877-533-5887.
The Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania provider network includes many hospitals, physicians, surgery centers, ancillary providers, and centers of excellence throughout the United States.
Aetna Better Health Practitioners must qualify and meet specific criteria to join our network such as:
- Hold a current, valid Pennsylvania state license to practice medicine
- Have staff privileges at a participating Pennsylvania hospital
- Have an active DEA certificate
- Provide verification of medical school completion, residency training and fellowship
- Have current professional liability insurance that meets state minimum requirements
After you submit the Practitioner Application Screening form to join our network, here are the next steps you can expect:
- Aetna Better Health will review for credentialing all applicants who pass the pre-screening check.
- Notifications will be mailed to applicants determined as unable to join the Aetna Better Health network.
- Practitioners successfully credentialed by Aetna Better Health will receive a Participating Health Provider Contract via US Mail. New practitioners joining an existing group in the Aetna Better Health network will receive a welcome letter.
- Practitioners will be notified of their effective date of participation once the contract documents are signed, returned and fully executed.
You should allow 60 days for the completion of the above steps. Providers should refrain from scheduling appointments with Aetna Better Health members until notification of your participation effective date is received.
If you have a current CAQH application on file, be sure to include your CAQH ID # on the Application Screening Form. Providing the CAQH ID will help to avoid delays and may result in faster response times.