Your child's health
Nothing is more important than your child's health
Your child is your life. So many hopes and dreams are wrapped up in this little person you’ve brought into the world. We want your child to grow up healthy and happy. We offer well-child check-ups for children from birth through age 20 as a covered benefit for our members.
Children grow and change quickly. It is important for your child to see a primary care provider (PCP) on a regular basis even when he or she is not sick. These visits are called well-child check-ups.
During a well-child check-up, your child’s PCP:
- Does a complete physical exam
- Checks your child’s growth and nutrition
- Checks your child’s vision, hearing and teeth
- Gives shots as needed
- Orders lab work as needed (for example, a blood test)
- Gives you and your child information about your child’s health
- Finds health problems before they become serious
- Gets to know your child so the PCP can take better care of him or her
Remember, well-child checkups are important to the health and well-being of your child.