Nothing is more important than your child's health
Your child is your life. So many hopes and dreams are wrapped up in this little person you’ve brought into the world. We want your child to grow up healthy and happy. That’s why we cover well-child checkups for your child from birth all the way through age 20.
Children grow and change quickly. It’s important for your child to see a primary care physician (PCP) on a regular basis even when he or she isn’t sick. These visits are called well-child checkups.
During a well-child checkup, your child’s PCP:
- Does a complete physical exam
- Checks your child’s growth and development
- Checks your child’s vision, hearing and teeth
- Gives shots as needed
- Orders lab work as needed (for example, a blood test)
- Answers any questions you have, like what foods are good for your child
- Finds any health problems before they become serious
- Gets to know your child so the PCP can take better care of him or her
Remember, well-child checkups are important to the health and well-being of your child.