Notices and newsletters
Important provider notices
We want to help keep you informed about the health plan and other news that's useful to you.
Please check back periodically for important notices and updates to the Aetna Better Health of Maryland plan.
We want to help keep you informed about the health plan and other news that's useful to you. Please check back periodically for important notices and updates to the Aetna Better Health of Maryland plan.
- Ensuring that we have current information about our network providers practice is key to our members locating the right practitioner of care as quickly as possible. Please see link to notice for validating and updating necessary practice information. If you have an questions, please contact us at 1-866-827-2710 and select option 2.
- The following notice from Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene refers to two billing issues of concern to the department: balance billing and billing of participants for covered services.
- Effective 9/4/2018 Aetna Better Health of Maryland is partnering with CoverMyMeds and SureScripts to provide you a new way to request a pharmacy prior authorization through the implementation of Electronic Prior Authorization (Epa) program. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-866-827-2710, Monday-Friday 8a.m.-5p.m.
- Our webinar recordings are available now! You can view them here.
- Health Education Tailored to Our Member’s Needs
- Aetna Better Health of Maryland provides one-on-one health education for our members who need it. If you believe a member needs health education that is a tailored to their condition please contact us at 1-866-827-2710 and ask for the Special Needs Coordinator.
- Beginning on November 1, 2019, Aetna Better Health of Maryland will be collaborating with Equian, to ensure consistency in claims review and reimbursement practices with our hospital partners by reviewing all facility claims that exceed outlier thresholds.