Our Promise Program
If you’re expecting a baby, our Promise program is for you. Our maternity care program helps you learn how to take care of yourself and your baby. You’ll get support and help throughout your pregnancy. Our Promise program is a benefit for you before and after your baby is born.
- You will earn a $10 gift card when you complete at least 7 prenatal visits.
- You’ll earn a second $10 gift card when you complete your postpartum visit. This visit must be within 21-56 days after your baby is born.
- You can earn an addition $5 gift card for attending each of the below:
- A birthing class
- A parenting class
- A first aid, safety or CPR class
Sometimes babies are born early even with pregnancy care. If this does happen, we still want to reward you for taking care of yourself and the baby:
- If you meet with your care manager and take a parenting class you can earn a $5 gift card
- If you complete a CPR class and attend all training at the hospital prior to baby’s discharge you will earn a $5 gift card
- Attend a parenting class you can earn a $5 gift card
Plus sign up for Text4baby™ a free text service on your cell phone that sends you health tips and reminders throughout your pregnancy.
Ted E. Bear, M.D. Kids Club (ages 5 to 18)
- For Ted. E. Bear, M.D. Kids Club members we will pay the cost for an annual Scout membership. This applies to both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. As a bonus, Club members who stay in Boy Scouts get the Boys’ Life magazine. Girl Scouts members can get A Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting plus one Journey book or a basic uniform after 6 months of joining. OR we will pay the annual membership for the local YMCA ($60 annual value).
- We offer a weight management program. Members receive gifts for joining the program. Each member then works with a case manager to set goals based on the child’s weight and height needs. Members can earn gift cards from $15 to $30 as they meet the weight loss goals.
- For school-age kids with asthma, we offer a second inhaler; one to stay at home and one to go to school.
- We offer teens a program to help them stop smoking. This includes members who use cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, hookah, e-cigs, even second hand-smoke. Teens work with a case manager to create a stop smoking plan. They will throw away all tobacco products and receive a $10 gift card. If they remain tobacco free for 30 days they will get another $10 gift card.
Preventive care for asthma sufferers
- Members with asthma can get a $10 gift card for managing their asthma by having an asthma action plan and reducing ED visits.
- You can get a $10 gift card for follow-up with a PCP visit after an ED episode.
- We also offer a $10 gift card for an in-home environmental assessment for members diagnosed with asthma.
For everyone 6 months and older - free yearly flu shots.