Welcome to Aetna Better Health of Maryland
Thank you for choosing Aetna Better Health of Maryland for your health coverage
Our focus is on helping you be healthy. Anytime you have questions, just call our Member Services department. We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-827-2710, TTY 711. You can also contact Member Services through our Aetna Better Health mobile app or through the secure member portal.
Member Services can help you:
- Choose or change a Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Learn about all the services you have covered under managed care
- Work together with your PCP to keep well
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an Aetna Better Health of Maryland member
- Learn about services in your area, and get help when you need it
- Solve any questions or problems you may have with your care
- Find your PCP’s office locations and office hours and make appointments
- Understand our fraud and abuse policies and report any fraud and abuse you find
Join our Member Advisory Board and be a voice in your community
We value your ideas and suggestions to change and improve our service to you. Do you have an idea you’d like to share with us? If so, we invite you to call Member Services anytime at 1-866-827-2710, TTY 711.
Your ideas could be helpful to all our members. We have a group made up of our members and their caregivers, who share the same goals as you. This group is our Member Advisory Board (MAB). They meet during the year to review member materials and member feedback, as well as look at changes and new programs. They let us know how we can improve our services.
We’re always looking for members to help us find better ways to do things. You’re welcome to join our Member Advisory Board.
Application for the MAB.
If you’re interested in joining, call Member Services at 1-866-827-2710, TTY 711.
Aetna Better Health of Maryland^®^ is dedicated to providing high quality care for our members. To do that, we monitor and evaluate our performance on a regular basis. This is the job of the Quality Management (QM) department. QM is always making sure that we are doing the right thing for the right reasons.
2018 was our first full year in operation. We received a score of 95% on our first audit for 2018 by the Maryland Department of Health’s outside review organization. We are excited about becoming even better in the future. We also completed the accreditation process for a national organization called the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and became officially accredited in January of 2019.
As a new plan we did not qualify for the 2018 annual assessment of measures that review preventative and other health care received by members called Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS). Nor did we qualify for the Maryland Department of Health’s provider and member satisfaction surveys in 2018. In the meantime, Aetna Better Health of Maryland focused on engaging members in new and exciting ways and working more closely with our providers. We did complete our own, limited member satisfaction survey and our own provider satisfaction survey. Aetna Better Health of Maryland^®^ did fairly well with opportunities for improvement in network expansion and customer service.
Our goals for 2019:
- Improve health outcomes for our members, especially for our members with diabetes and high blood pressure
- Improve provider and member satisfaction
- Help members get more routine checkups and flu vaccines
- Reduce hospital readmissions
- Grow our provider network