At Aetna Better Health of Kentucky we work to improve your health. We have a Quality Improvement (QI) program that helps you get the best care possible. We want you to have access to the care you need at the right time and in the right place. The QI Program helps you when you have a problem with your care. We monitor the quality of care and service our providers give such as dental, vision, and pharmacy. The QI program watches for things that show a need for improvement in medical and preventive care. We also use nationally known ways to check how we are doing and how we can improve. The QI program works to make sure we give you the information you need so you can improve your health and your family’s health.
The overall goal of the QI program is to provide high-quality and safe care and services to all members. The objectives of the QI program include but not limited to the following:
- To help you be more knowledgeable and active in your health care
- To carry out data collection that shows how well your doctor and the health plan did in getting you the care you need.
- To find out your experience with the health care you receive. In order to do this we send a survey out once a year asking for your opinion.
Member satisfaction survey
At Aetna Better Health of Kentucky, our goal is to improve access to quality health care for our members. We provide a broad network of providers and community organizations in order to achieve improved health outcomes.
HEDIS® measures are a way for us to see if we’re reaching this goal.
Learn more about HEDIS. View our latest HEDIS results:
Quality Improvement (QI) Program
- Tracks and reviews problems. We address any health care concerns.
- Checks the credentials of doctors before they can be included in our network.
- Helps members to get regular health checkups and preventive shots, such as, eye exams for members with diabetes, mammograms and pap smears.
- Makes sure members can reach doctors by phone, and get a timely appointment. We also want you to have a choice of doctors located near your home.
- Tracks things like how many of our members need to be readmitted after discharge. We also look at how many members have problems after surgery or a procedure.
- Makes sure we answer your calls quickly and pay claims right and on time.
- Checks and monitors our services to ensure our members’ language, cultural and ethnic needs are met.
If you have any questions about our QI Program, please write to us at:
Aetna Better Health of Kentucky
Quality Improvement Department
9900 Corporate Campus Drive
Louisville, Kentucky 40223