Tips about your Medicine
Questions to ask about your medicines
We want you to be as healthy as possible. And you’ll want to know more about the different medicines you take. To help you, here’s a list of questions you should always ask your provider when he or she gives you a prescription:
- Why am I taking this medicine?
- What is it supposed to do for me?
- How should I take this medicine? When? For how many days?
- Are there any side effects or possible allergic reactions to this medicine?
- What should I do if I have a side effect or allergic reaction?
- What will happen if I don't take this medicine?
Carefully read the drug information given with your medicine. It will tell you what you should and shouldn’t do while taking the medicine. If you still have questions after you get your medicine, ask to speak with the pharmacist or call your provider.