Quality Improvement Program
At Aetna Better Health of California, the quality of your healthcare is important to us. We have a Quality Improvement (QI) program that helps you get the best care possible. The goals and objectives of the QI program include the following:
- Implement a QM program that effectively promotes and builds quality into the organizational structure and processes of the health plan.
- Conduct continual monitoring and assessment of patient care and services striving to provide health care and services to health plan members that meet accepted and appropriate medical practice standards and the needs of the health plan members and health care professionals.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for improvement with implementation of actions and follow-up.
- Encourage patient safety.
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
Some of our QI programs include:
- Sending you helpful postcards and newsletters about your health.
- Reviewing provider offices to make sure they meet California State standards.
- Reviewing the quality of our services.
- Reminding you and your provider about preventive health care.
- Measuring your satisfaction with your provider and with your healthcare services.
- Monitoring phone calls to make sure your call is answered quickly and that you get correct information.
- Working with your doctor to make sure they get all the information they need from us to provide you with quality care.
For more information about other parts of the QI program, you can call us at 1-855-772-9076.