Fraud and Abuse
Sometimes members, providers and Aetna Better Health employees may choose to do dishonest acts. These dishonest acts are called fraud and abuse. The following acts are the most common types of fraud and abuse:
- Members selling or lending their ID card to someone else
- Members trying to get drugs or services they do not need
- Members forging or altering prescriptions they receive from their providers
- Providers billing for services they didn’t give
- Providers giving services members do not need
- Verbal, physical, mental, or sexual abuse by providers
Call our fraud, waste and abuse hotline at 1-855-321-3727 to report these types of acts right away. You can do this confidentially. We do not need to know who you are. You can also report fraud or abuse on this website.
You can also report suspected fraud or abuse, or elderly abuse to the State of California Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud & Elderly Abuse (BMFEA) hotline at 1-800-722-0432 or use the online complaint form.